How to configure IDM to work with RareFile ?
1. Please make sure that you have installed the latest version of IDM. Old versions before 6.09 build 3 have a bug with processing of cookies and may not work with sharing sites.
2. If you have a Premium RareFile account, you need to do the following:
2.1. Please pay attention: you should open Internet Explorer (exactly Internet Explorer, and not another browser, independently of what browser you use for browsing the Internet) and log in on the site as a premium user. To do this press "Log in" (arrow 1 on the image). Then fill you user name and password and press "Login" (arrow 2 on the image). The site will set cookies in Internet Explorer which IDM is able to use when you add downloads to IDM. Afterwards you can close Internet Explorer. Please note that you SHOULD NOT press "Logout" in ANY browser. Otherwise, cookies will be changed.
If this does not help, then maybe your Internet Explorer does not save cookies. Please read here for possible reasons and solutions.
To check that your cookies are set correctly, open www.rarefile.net in Internet Explorer browser. You should be logged in. If you have to log in manually, then cookies are not set correctly.
2.2. After you log in the site premium zone for the first time, Internet Explorer can ask you to remember the password. You should select "Yes" (arrow 2 on the image). Then click "My account" (arrow 1 on the image).
After this, enable "Direct downloads" option (arrow 1 on the image) and press "Save Settings" (arrow 2 on the image).
2.3. When IDM starts downloading HTML files then maybe your RareFile account has expired. Alternatively, this can happen if your RareFile traffic limit has expired. You need to try to log in in your account and check that everything is in order.
Also IDM downloads a web page if a file had been already removed from the site. You should try to download a file with your browser. Hold "Alt" key while clicking on a download link to tell IDM that it should not catch the download. Then you should see a web page with explanation of this problem.
3. Problem may happen if you use some proxy. It is better if you not use any proxy at all. If you absolutely cannot avoid using proxy, you should use the same proxy in your browser and in IDM. Otherwise, the site will think that you use different IPs for this download and download will fail because a temporary link can be downloaded only once from a single IP address. Please note that the same relates to different applications that try to control your internet traffic and acts like local proxy. It can be some kind of FireWall/Antivirus or other security applications. If you use your browser via such application, you should use IDM via it as well.
4. Also if your browser is FireFox, problems may happen if you use extensions from third party companies to transfer downloads in IDM, for example Flashgot. IDM can perfectly detect downloads itself but if you really want to use Flashgot, at least update it to the latest version.
5. If IDM still does not download from RareFile this means that you did something wrong in previous steps. Please check again.
Click "Apply" ( Number 2. in picture)